Personal Information & Privacy Statement
This is the privacy statement of DALY CREDIT CORPORATION
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time and publish the amended version on our website and/or intranet.
Our privacy statement applies to DALY CREDIT CORPORATION’s processing of personal information (including through our website), except to the extent that a separate privacy statement has been issued in respect of a specific service or product.
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously and will only process your personal information in accordance with the current South African data privacy laws and the terms of this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, the relevant data privacy principles relating to the processing thereof (including, but not limited to, the collection, handling, transfer, sharing, correction, storage, archiving and deletion) will be applied to any personal information provided by you and/or collected during your visit to our website.
(2) Processing of Personal Information
Your personal information will only be processed for purposes of legitimate core business interests including (but not limited to): debt collection, HR, Payroll, Security, access control.
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, either via our website, our Customer Service teams, by e-mail, telephone or via social media, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an inquiry or other request;
- from our other Group Companies or our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands; or
- From other third parties who may lawfully pass your information on to us, including Creditors, Tracing Agencies and Credit Bureaus.
(3) Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and/or services that you have requested;
- to help us identify you when you contact us;
- for general administration purposes;
- for legal or contractual purposes;
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services;
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering;
- to help us recover debts;
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling; and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services specified below.
We may share your personal information for any of these purposes with:
- our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands; and
- our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, except if:
- we are obliged to provide such information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- we are required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings,
we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you;
- we are involved in the prevention of fraud, loss, bribery or corruption;
- they perform services and process personal information on our behalf;
- this is required in order to provide or manage any information, products and/or services to you; or
- needed to help us improve the quality of our products and services.
We will send you notifications or communications in the event that we are obliged by law or in terms of our contractual relationship with you.
We will only disclose your personal information to government authorities if we are required to do so by law. Our employees, our agencies and our suppliers are required to adhere to data privacy and confidentiality principles and to attend data privacy training.
We will only transfer your personal information across South African borders if the relevant situation requires trans-border processing and will do so only in accordance with South African legislative requirements, or if you consent to transfer of your personal information to third parties in foreign countries. We will take steps to ensure that such third parties are bound by laws, binding corporate rules or binding agreements that provide an adequate level of protection and uphold principles for reasonable and lawful processing of personal information.
(4) Additional Contacts (Further processing)
We may use your personal information to contact you with news on other products and services (provided by us or our carefully selected business partners) which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes and, where applicable, request your opinion. We will only send you marketing communications if you give us your agreement to do so.
Your participation is completely voluntary. Should you not consent to the receipt of marketing communications, you can inform us at any time and we will discontinue these services accordingly. If you wish to opt out of such marketing communications, please make use of the “Unsubscribe” option available on the relevant communication or contact our Customer Contact Centre at any time at the Contact Details situated below.
Provided you have consented, we may also pass your information to our other business partners for marketing purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post, telephone, e-mail, SMS and other electronic means selected by you.
You can also contact us at the Contact Details below if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications but would now like to hear from us with news on other associated products and services.
(6) Information Quality/Openness/Data Subject Participation
We strive to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information at all times. You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address.
We hold a range of information including (but not limited to) Name, ID, contact information including your residential address, employment address, payment history in respect of accounts handed over for collection.
You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
If your personal information changes at any time or our records appear to be incorrect, please inform us immediately in order that we may update or correct our records accordingly.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you. For this and a request to correct your personal information held by us, contact us at the Contact Details situated below.
Should you have questions, complaints or objections regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us at the Contact Details situated below.
(7) Security Safeguards
We continuously implement technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we hold against unauthorised access as well as accidental or willful manipulation, loss or destruction.
Third party information
If you are under 18 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training and quality assessment purposes.
We endeavour to keep our website secure at all times, however advise you that we cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us or by us through our website, e-mail, internet or social media. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites outside of DALY CREDIT CORPORATION We are not responsible for the content, privacy or security of other websites.
(8) Social Plugins
We use social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter.
Please note that we have no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces and we can accordingly not be held responsible or liable for any processing or use of personal information transmitted via these social plugins. For information on purpose and extent of the data retrieval by the social network concerned, and about the rights and settings possibilities for the protection of your private sphere, please refer to the data protection information provided by the social network in question.
You can contact us in relation to this Privacy Statement.
Should you wish to exercise your rights to find out what Personal Information we may hold on you, you may submit a Subject Access Request form.by emailing us at
You may also use the same contact details should you wish to dispute and/or object to the processing of your personal information.
Should you not be satisfied with the outcome of our dispute process you are able to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
Information Regulator Contact Details
27 Stiemens Street,
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: email@example.com.